Hi and Welcome to the A & J PEI Treasures E Jean Simpson Author Blog Post and Podcast. I’m your host, Jean coming to you from the beautiful Province of Prince Edward Island, Canada!! Today’s podcast and blog post is part serious and part tongue in cheek. I think I would make a great influencer and I can give you multiple reasons why. If you want to find out more, stay tuned…
The two quotes that seem to join in this blog post/podcast are: “…Fame is fleeting and it changes” by Author, Debbie Allen and “Too bad that youth is wasted on the young” by Author, Mark Twain. I put them together and find they state the purpose of my podcast/blog post which is that often Fame is fleeting and wasted on the young. It’s actually very sad to see the ‘influencers’ mostly young kids (at my age, that also includes those 30 and under) do something that gains them favour in the spotlight. What is sad about it is that a lot of them are too young to handle ‘fame’ and end up in trouble. I sometimes think that it would be safer for these kids to get a good grounding in reality before they go on to try to gain ‘fame’ via whatever forum they join to try to go ‘viral’. It’s just sad to see them killing themselves and sometimes literally for a few minutes of ‘fame’ and then some self-destruct and think they are untouchable and lose everything. So, my apologies to all those I offend with this blog post/podcast, but I think some of it needs to be brought to light to save a generation of people whose only thought is how can I make myself more ‘famous’ and go ‘viral’. In essence, to keep kids from dying trying to be ‘special’ when they already are. We have to stop our children from destroying their lives over a few minutes of fame. We need to let our children know that they are valuable and beautiful and we need to help them focus on being themselves rather than some image they think is ‘cool’. I truly believe that there is only one YOU in the entire known universe and first and foremost kids need to know that being themselves is better than being some copy of some ‘influencer’ or ‘star’ or ‘viral’ person. I see most who stop worrying about ‘viral’ tend to do better than those who are deeply concerned with being ‘viral’. The ones not worried about ‘viral’ do their creative best and often that is better than they would do otherwise. So, be creative, but be you.
Of course I realize that some ‘influencers’ do put their best foot forward, but they are not the ones I’m concerned about. Hopefully they are putting aside money for when the fame ceases because it will not last forever. I’m not sure what it means now to be an ‘influencer’ or to go ‘viral’. I’m in that crowd that instantly makes things uncool by thinking they are cool. I am almost convinced that ‘influencers’ should not be kids because they still have so far to go. Thinking through their actions doesn’t necessarily happen until much later. So toward this, I would sacrifice myself for the betterment of the youth of today by becoming an ‘influencer’ myself! I know it’s real selfless of me to offer my life up for the betterment of others. Did they mention anything about making money by being one??
Why do I think I’d make a good influencer? Well, in no particular order.
- I don’t tend to have the usual bad habits (drinking, smoking etc). Vaping isn’t even something I consider. So, I won’t be hawking the latest crazes.
- I have an education. This means that I won’t tell your little Einstein in the making, to eat Tide pods, or try to sell them on wearing the top of the line whatyamacallit. I don’t know what it is they call it anymore and it’s of little interest to me. I don’t care what they wear as long as they are decently covered (something that seems lacking these days). Also I know enough that medical advice doesn’t come from me, it comes from medical personnel. I won’t try to convince them to use *insert miracle cure here*.
- I’ve already made a lot of the foolish errors pre-YouTube, etc. and thus won’t encourage your kiddies to jump off the roof, wear their pants down around their ankles or yoyo diet. I also know not to eat Tide Pods!
- I tend to stay away from profanity (though to be honest, I did remember some of those words when the dog’s gate crashed down on my ankle, but I don’t publish them). So I keep things clean on my posts.
- I won’t try to convince them that they want to go ‘viral’ and other such nonsense. I encourage them to be creative and be the best they can be. (No eating Tide Pods for example. Yeah, I know its passé…but I’m old and haven’t caught up to the latest foolish stuff yet). 15 minutes of fame, is not a lifestyle and fame is fleeting. Also the emergency ward and funeral homes are full enough already!
- I won’t push the latest scam fad or fad scam. No such thing as get rich quick. It takes work, but then there is always the Government for jobs.
- I am not one to encourage racism, sexism, bullying, harming others or bad language. So, your kiddos, if they follow me will learn that it’s OK to be different and that they don’t have to put someone down to be ‘cool’. Further on ‘cool’…I’m not sure what it means, but I know I’m not…which is cool…’savvy’? To quote Captain Jack Sparrow.
- You will be able to find out what I’m up to as I have my Twitter account, WordPress, GoodReads, YouTube, Anchor FM, Podchaser, iHeart Radio Podcast and my Amazon and Smashword pages. If nothing else, it makes me look busy and the kids will see that I have a lot going on and being an adult isn’t all fun and games…you got to actually do something. I do encourage being the best that you can be. Everyone should realize that they are the only one like them in our entire universe and stop trying to be something other than who they are. Also don’t eat Tide Pods!
- I live in the middle of nowhere in a small Island Province so you don’t have to worry about me wanting to steal your kids because we live in such a small place, that we don’t have room for visitors at our house. I’m not a huge people person and with COVID, I’m avoiding people entirely due to a weakened immune system. After COVID, I’ll just go back to avoiding people in general.
- Lastly and most importantly, in the immortal words of Grandpa Simpson, “I’m old…gimme, gimme, gimme!” Oh yes, and don’t eat Tide Pods or other indigestible stuff!
Thank you. I think that my chances of becoming an influencer are quite good….almost good…mediocre at best since I’m not going to try to sell stuff…oh, other than my e-books some of which are targeted for kids. Plus, I’ll encourage them to read…not sure how good that will go over. Though with the necessity of reading with regard to the internet…that might not be that bad a thing. Thank you for following me and making me your very own ‘influencer’.
Thanks for listening to my podcast and/or reading my blog post and thanks for your interest in A & J PEI Treasures!
Just one more thing. I have one of my children’s e-books up for a 2021 TCK award Category is General Non-Fiction. https://www.tckpublishing.com/2021-readers-choice-voting-page/ The Big Kids Magical Path to Colours in Nature. If you have a moment, we could use some votes.
Our Blog Posts are available on
WordPress: https://wordpress.com/sites/aandjpeitreasures.wordpress.com and
Podcast are available on Anchor FM in a variety of formats: https://anchor.fm/a–j-pei-treasures (https://anchor.fm/a–j-pei-treasures/episodes/Why-I-Should-be-An-Influencer-Fame-is-Fleeting-and-Wasted-on-the-Young-e15id49) iHeart Radio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-e-jean-simpson-bed-ba-ma-a-82327485/ Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/e-jean-simpson-bed-ba-ma-autho-1715585
My e-books can be found on:
Keep watching for more e-books and more formats! Currently working toward getting my e-books up on Smashwords and will be an affiliate when I do! We’re always working on something!